segunda-feira, 21 de julho de 2008

One year ago...


It seems like yesterday that I was inTibet. I can still feel the smell of butter in the monasteries, the energy of pilgrims around the Barkhor or the unique feeling that I had at sunset, at this square. My arrival at Lhasa was the most exciting thing I did as a traveller. I will always remember this trip as the best of all. A chance to see a different culture, to question myself about the future and our role as citizens of a free (?) and democratic world. Made me more human, more aware that I am so lucky to be here, right now, as I was to be there a year ago...

1 comentário:

SIRA disse...

Por aqui, as viagens estão adiadas por tempo incerto... Mas continuam a ser sonhadas, antecipadas e vividas em sonho e em vontade. Mais ainda agora que por aqui passo, dia após dia, à espera de mais "lenha para a fogueira". O Tibete há-se fazer parte de futuras viagens (assim o espero), pois sempre me imaginei a vivê-lo da forma como o viveste, também na forma como crescemos, sentimos, amamos...